10 Reasons Families Vacation At The Omni Homestead
By Nancy Schretter, Editor
One of the biggest challenges for families is finding the best place to stay for their family vacation, particularly for multigenerational groups. Framed by Virginia’s Allegheny Mountains, the historic Omni Homestead Resort is well known for hosting memorable family vacations and special multigenerational events. This legendary four-season resort is set on 2,000 acres filled with hiking and riding trails, pools and hot springs, and a wide variety of exceptional recreation facilities. The Omni Homestead Resort offers a luxurious oasis for discerning families who want to escape the rush of everyday life and have fun together.
If you’re planning an upscale family or multigenerational vacation, here’s why The Omni Homestead Resort should be your family vacation destination of choice:
1. Something For Everyone. Once at The Omni Homestead Resort, it’s often hard to imagine ever leaving this idyllic property. The Omni Homestead Resort is the perfect family playground for both kids and adults. The resort features multiple pools and water attractions, excellent dining options, championship golf courses, clay tennis courts, carriage rides, a world-class spa and salon, top-rated shooting club, large equestrian center, zip lines, fly fishing, a children’s program and much more. A well-staffed concierge desk is also available to help families plan a wide variety of sightseeing trips, adventures and excursions.
2. Plenty of Family Room. The Omni Homestead Resort is the perfect home away from home for families and multigenerational groups. This award-winning property is an excellent choice for those seeking luxurious accommodations with all the amenities of a world-class resort. The Omni Homestead Resort offers 483 plush rooms and suites, many with beautiful views. Connecting rooms for families are available as well. While the resort’s furnishings are in sync with its traditional heritage, modern features include complimentary Wi-Fi, distinctively decorated rooms and beautifully appointed marble bathrooms. Some suites feature porches and terraces ideal for reading and relaxing, adding another element of luxury to the property’s deluxe accommodations.
3. Superb Sports Appeal. The Omni Homestead Resort is a sports lover’s dream, with one of the broadest arrays of recreational activities we’ve seen. Golfers can enjoy two championship courses including the renowned Cascades Course, one of the top mountain courses in North America. The resort also features an exceptional Equestrian Center, the Shooting Club, Orvis-endorsed fly fishing, tennis, mountain biking, water sports including kayaking and canoeing, paintball, archery and excellent hiking options. Tee times and activities are in high demand, so contact the resort in advance to make reservations. Families visiting The Omni Homestead during the winter months can have fun ice skating, skiing, snowboarding and tubing at the property. The slopes here are perfect for learning and instruction is available.
4. Kid-Tastic Programs and Amenities. Families with kids of all ages are sure to be happy at The Omni Homestead Resort. The property has all the amenities kids and teens crave. The resort’s Allegheny Springs two-acre water park features a large year-round family pool with a whirlpool, a fun kids’ water play area, two 100-foot water slides and a 400-foot lazy river complete with tube floats. The nearby 18-hole Mini Cascades miniature golf course is a hit with families, too. Families often gather at DownTime, the resort’s family game area, for a round of mini bowling or to play air hockey, foosball, shuffleboard and arcade games. The Omni Homestead Resort also offers an activity-packed full-day and half-day KidsClub kids program for ages 3-12, supervised by the resort’s well-trained staff. Kids can also enjoy The Omni Homestead’s Kid’s Night Out program, allowing them to play while parents enjoy a relaxing dinner and evening together.
5. Delectable Dining. Memorable cuisine and enjoying meals together are an important part of any family vacation. Guests staying at The Omni Homestead Resort are in luck. The resort offers a broad range of formal and informal dining options and the food is excellent. Families and multigenerational groups celebrating special events can enjoy formal meals at The Omni Homestead’s Main Dining Room, with traditional dinners and dancing each evening. Jefferson’s Restaurant & Bar is another superb choice, serving regional dishes that are beyond compare. Lavish buffet breakfasts are available in the resort’s Main Dining Room or guests can head to Martha’s Market near the lobby for a quick gourmet coffee and delicious pastries. The Omni Homestead’s seasonal dining options include the Casino Restaurant, Allegheny Springs Grill, Rubino’s at the Cascades and Mountain Lodge. Families and multigenerational groups should book their dining times well in advance for the best selection.
6. World-Class Spa. The Omni Homestead Resort has a long history of catering to wellness. Guests have been coming since the mid 1700’s to soak in the natural mineral spring waters at the Jefferson Pools, currently considered to be the oldest spa facility in the nation. Today’s spa goers will be delighted with The Spa at The Omni Homestead Resort, a 60,000 square-foot haven with 28 treatment rooms, an Aqua Thermal Suite, an outdoor adults-only Serenity Garden and an extensive fitness area. Services for families are also available at The Spa, including special treatments and activities for children ages 5-13 and teens ages 14-17. Spa services and treatments are very popular at The Omni Homestead, so make reservations as early as possible.
7. Awesome Adventures. Bucket list experiences add a lot to family vacations, particularly if they come with a little adrenaline rush. The Omni Homestead features two exciting zip line experiences perfect for families. The Ridge Runner Zip Tour includes eight different zip lines spanning over 4,000 feet plus a ride down the Red Tail Racer, which sends guests flying 1,300 feet down the mountain. Children must be at least 12 years of age to take on the Ridge Runner Zip Tour and at least 8 years old for the Red Tail Racer. Additional participant requirements are available on The Omni Homestead Resort’s website. The resort’s falconry program is another popular experience for families, providing memorable moments and beautiful pictures as well.
8. Posh Pampering. It’s easy to get spoiled at The Omni Homestead Resort. The warm and friendly staff members are always attentive and the service is exceptional. The Omni Homestead Resort understands that attention to little details is an important part of the luxury vacation experience. Thick fluffy towels envelop chairs poolside and complimentary high tea and sweets are served in the lobby each afternoon. Kids love the milk and cookies delivered to their guest room on the first night and the coloring menus with crayons available at dining venues throughout the resort.
9. Spectacular Setting. Virginia’s Allegheny Mountains provide a beautiful backdrop for The Omni Homestead Resort. It’s a perfect destination for any season and the scenery is breathtaking. The resort’s stately buildings also enhance the property’s Southern charm. The greater region features a number of additional attractions as well.
10. Historic Heritage. The Omni Homestead Resort has been welcoming guests for almost two centuries, so there’s a special sense of history and grandeur here. Twenty-three American Presidents have visited The Omni Homestead Resort, as have members of royalty and high society. The resort’s illustrious past adds a special touch, particularly for special celebration vacations and multigenerational events. Those who are interested should check out The Omni Homestead’s complimentary daily history tour. It’s excellent.
If You Go:
For more information about The Omni Homestead Resort, visit their website at: Omnihotels.com / Homestead-Virginia.
©Copyright 2017. Beacon Group Holdings,
Inc. All Rights Reserved.